May 8th – 10th 2013 VMware will host a 3 day beta training at their Frimley UK HQ for their new VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Advanced Usage and Dashboard Design training.
This training course focuses on the advanced capabilities of VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ 5.6, such as adapters, customization and management topics. You will learn how to use adapters, define custom super metrics, customize dashboards, and use the Custom user interface.
I have been fortunate enough to participate in an alpha training for this class and must say I enjoyed it very much. Very useful for people that want to customize their vCOps environment to show specific metrics or combined metrics
Cost for this training is around 50% of the normal price
See the attached info sheet, and if interested, register for this training here
Space is limited
beta announcement – vcops advanced 5 x
|Objectives:||• Identify the capabilities of adapters, their use cases, availability, and installation.
• Describe super metrics, attributes, and attribute packages as well as object tagging.
• Manage user access to the VMware vCenter Operations Manager Custom UI.
• Work with smart alerts and custom alert notification.
• Use custom dashboards to build specific views for operations and application monitoring.
|Intended Audience:||System administrators and consultants responsible for customizing vCenter Operations Manager to expand from the vSphere User Interface to a customized environment|
|Prerequisites:||• Install and configure basic settings in vCenter Operations Manager.
• Log in and use the vSphere user interface of vCenter Operations Manager.
• Identify the difference between badges and metrics.
|Outline:||1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 vCenter Operations Manager Advanced Architecture
• Introduce vCenter Operations Manager architecture
• Explain sizing guidelines
• Describe vCenter Operations Manager availability and backup
3 Advanced Capacity Planning
• Examine planning models
• Define policy management
4 Adapters for Data Collection
• Understand adapters
• Identify available adapters
• Install and configure adapters
• Troubleshoot adapters
5 Applications, Groups, and Tags
• Introduce the application design concept in vCenter Operations Manager
• Configure and use attribute packages and KPIs
• Create tags and groups
6 Metrics, Super Metrics, KPI, and Attribute Packaging
• Understanddata collection
• Describe super metrics
• Introduce custom dashboards
• Manage widgets
• Manage interactions
• Manage templates
8 Smart Alerts and Custom Alerts
• Work with and troubleshoot alerts
• Configure alert notifications
9 Report Customization
• Introduce custom reports
• Understand data sources and report structure
• Manage custom reports
10 User and Role Management
• Manage user and role permissions for the vSphere UI
• Manage user and group permissions for the Custom UI
• Identify the basic troubleshooting workflows
• Understand Self Info and self-monitoring of vCenter Operations Manager
• Examine the Support Page in the Custom UI